February 1963 Popular Electronics
Wax nostalgic about and learn from the history of early electronics. See articles
published October 1954 - April 1985. All copyrights are hereby acknowledged.
This Electronics Curves
Quiz will probably prove to be a little more of a challenge than some of the ones
previously appearing in Popular Electronics magazine. Being a rocket scientist
won't help you much here, but being a seasoned electronics technician, hobbyist,
or engineer will sure come in handy. Be careful to note the axis unit labels - I
got tripped up by that from being lazy and missed one. Surely you won't be hindered
by such an oversight.
Electronic Curves Quiz
By Robert P. Balin
The operation of electronic devices and circuits is often represented by characteristic
curves. See if you can match the electronic devices and circuits at left (1 - 10)
with their corresponding curves (A - J).
See answers below.
Popular Electronics published many quizzes over the years
- some really simple and others not so simple. Robert P. Balin created many of the quizzes.
This is a listing of all I have posted thus far.
- A Baffling Quiz
- January 1968
- Electronics IQ Quiz
- May 1967
- Plug and Jack Quiz
- December 1967
Switching Quiz - October 1967
Angle Quiz - September 1967
Electronics Quiz - July 1967
- Bridge Circuit
Quiz -December 1966
- Diode Function
Quiz - August 1965
- Diagram Quiz, August
- TV Trouble Quiz,
- Electronics History Quiz,
- Scope-Trace Quiz,
Circuit Analogy Quiz, April 1973
Your Knowledge of Semiconductors, August 1972
- Ganged Switching
Quiz, April 1972
- Lamp Brightness
Quiz, January 1969
- Lissajous Pattern Quiz, September 1963
Quizoo, October 1962
- Electronic Photo Album Quiz, March 1963
- Electronic Alphabet Quiz, May 1963
- Quiz: Resistive?
Inductive? or Capacitive?, October 1960
- Vector-Circuit Matching Quiz, June 1970
Quiz, September 1961
- RC Circuit
Quiz, June 1963
- Diode Quiz,
- Electronic Curves Quiz, February 1963
- Electronic Numbers Quiz, December 1962
- Energy Conversion Quiz, April 1963
Function Quiz, June 1962
Quiz Part I - February 1964
Quiz - February 1967
- Unknown Frequency
Quiz - September 1965
Metals Quiz - October 1964
Measurement Quiz - August 1967
- Meter-Reading Quiz,
Geometry Quiz, January 1965
Factor Quiz, November 1966
Math Quiz, November 1965
- Series Circuit Quiz,
Quiz, March 1966
- Electronic Analogy
Quiz, November 1961
Coupling Quiz, August 1973
- Electronics Analogy Quiz, August 1960
- Audio Quiz,
Unit Quiz, May 1962
Capacitor Circuit Quiz, June 1968
- Quiz on AC Circuit Theory, December 1970
- Magnetic Phenomena Quiz, February 1962
- Electronics Geography Quiz, April 1970
Electronic Menu Quiz, August 1963
- Electronic Noise Quiz, August 1962
- Electronic Current Quiz, October 1963
- Electronic Inventors Quiz, November 1963
Function Quiz, January 1962
- Electronic Measurement Quiz, January 1963
Tube Quiz, February 1961
- Kool-Keeping Kwiz, June
- Find the
Brightest Bulb Quiz, April 1960
Curves Quiz Answers
1 - I Triode vacuum-tube plate characteristic curves.
2 - F RL circuit current-growth curve.
3 - G Microphone unidirectional cardioid polar pattern.
4 - J Tunnel diode voltage-current characteristic curve.
5 - D RC circuit current-decay curve.
6 - A Transistor common-emitter characteristic curves.
7 - C Zener diode current-voltage characteristic curve.
8 - H Parallel LC circuit resonance curve.
9 - B Series LC circuit resonance curve.
10 - E Transformer core hysteresis loop.
Posted October 2, 2019