Electronic Curves Quiz
1963 Popular Electronics
February 1963 Popular Electronics
Wax nostalgic about and learn from the history of early electronics. See articles
published October 1954 - April 1985. All copyrights are hereby acknowledged.
This Electronics Curves Quiz will probably prove to be a little
more of a challenge than some of the ones previously appearing
in Popular Electronics magazine. Being a rocket scientist won't
help you much here, but being a seasoned electronics technician,
hobbyist, or engineer will sure come in handy. Be careful to
note the axis unit labels - I got tripped up by that from being
lazy and missed one.
Electronic Curves Quiz
By Robert P. Balin
The operation of electronic devices and circuits is often
represented by characteristic curves. See if you can match the
electronic devices and circuits at left (1 - 10) with their
corresponding curves (A - J).
Popular Electronics published many quizzes over the years
- some really simple and others not so simple. Robert Balin created many of the quizzes.
This is a listing of all I have posted thus far.
- TV Trouble Quiz,
- Electronics History Quiz,
- Scope-Trace Quiz,
March 1965 Popular Electronics
Circuit Analogy Quiz, April 1973
Your Knowledge of Semiconductors, August 1972
- Ganged Switching
Quiz, April 1972
- Lamp Brightness
Quiz, January 1969
- Lissajous Pattern Quiz, September 1963
Quizoo, October 1962
- Electronic Photo Album Quiz, March 1963
- Electronic Alphabet Quiz, May 1963
- Quiz: Resistive?
Inductive? or Capacitive?, October 1960
- Vector-Circuit Matching Quiz, June 1970
Quiz, September 1961
- RC Circuit
Quiz, June 1963
- Diode Quiz,
- Electronic Curves Quiz, February 1963
- Electronic Numbers Quiz, December 1962
- Energy Conversion Quiz, April 1963
Function Quiz, June 1962
Series Circuit Quiz,
Electrochemistry Quiz, March 1966
- Electronic Analogy
Quiz, November 1961
Coupling Quiz, August 1973
- Electronics Analogy Quiz, August 1960
- Audio Quiz,
Unit Quiz, May 1962
Capacitor Circuit Quiz, June 1968
- Quiz on AC Circuit Theory, December 1970
- Magnetic Phenomena Quiz, February 1962
- Electronics Geography Quiz, April 1970
Electronic Menu Quiz, August 1963
- Electronic Noise Quiz, August 1962
- Electronic Current Quiz, October 1963
- Electronic Inventors Quiz, November 1963
Function Quiz, January 1962
- Electronic Measurement Quiz, January 1963
Tube Quiz, February 1961
- Kool-Keeping Kwiz, June
Curves Quiz Answers
1 - I Triode vacuum-tube plate characteristic
2 - F RL circuit current-growth curve.
3 - G Microphone unidirectional cardioid polar
4 - J Tunnel diode voltage-current characteristic
5 - D RC circuit current-decay curve.
6 - A Transistor common-emitter characteristic
7 - C Zener diode current-voltage characteristic
8 - H Parallel LC circuit resonance curve.
9 - B Series LC circuit resonance curve.
10 - E Transformer core hysteresis loop.
Posted March 26, 2014