Engineering & Science Humor
Take a break from the drudgery with some of these jokes, song parodies, anecdotes and
assorted humor that has been collected from friends & from websites across the Internet.
This humor is light-hearted and sometimes slightly offensive to the easily-offended, so you
are forewarned. I have taken care to censor "humor" with overt sexual overtones (or undertones),
degrading political taunts, and hateful tirades, so it is all workplace-safe. I have also tried
to warn of any links that will result in audio clips so you can take appropriate precautions.
Please send any potential candidates for this humor page to the e-mail link above.
- The Missed Exam
- What Resume Claims Really Mean
- This Is Not the Internet
(plus a techie quip)
- Time to Ban iPhones
- The Government Is Bombarding
Citizens with Radiation!
- Longest Word in
English Takes 213 Minutes to Say
- A Sad State of Affairs
- "As God As My Witness,
I Thought Turkeys Could Fly" - WKRP in Cincinnati -
Commandments of Experts
- Dilbert the Pilot
- An Engineer's Valentine
- Top Ten Ways You
Know You Just Might Be Married To a Ham
- Put the Mad Scientist Back into
- RF Cafe MoneyBomb
- Vintage Ads with Science
/ Technology Themes
- The 10 Top Reasons
to Keep Printed Books
- Technology Axioms
- Random Technology Humor
- Tim Hawkins
Video - "The Government Can"
- Waveform Art
- Cell Phones Cause Accidents
- Help Wanted - Computer
the Box" Methods for ESD Testing on Welcome Back Kotter (c.1976)
- Barney Miller - Atomic
- Universal Grade Change
- Dimwit Celebrities Exhibit Lack
of Science Knowledge
- Downsizing Government - The
- 2008 Darwin
- A Taxing Poem
- The Washington Post Mensa Invitational
- MSDS for the Woman Element
- A Memorable Senior Moment
- Some Life-Saving e-Mails
- Those Evil Radios!
Political Correctness and Datasheets
- The World's Funniest Joke
- Why Santa Claus Must Be
- The 12 Politically Correct
Days of Christmas
- Geek Speak 2007 - Newly coined
words and phrases
- Jargon from the IT Department - How
to know of the IT guys are insulting you
- Some Very Good Points
- A Few Facts About Words
"The Knack" - Dilbert's Childhood Malady
- U.S. Navy's Official
- 2007 Darwin
- Funny Website Error Page - This is
- Easter Egg Archive - An extensive
of Easter Eggs found in software, books, movies, TV.
Why Men Should Not Baby-Sit - Disclaimer: No babies were harmed while making this
- The Secret to the Prius'
Great Gas Mileage
Arts College Entrance Exam
C's Top 15 Current IT Buzzwords
- Clumsy Crooks - This website
archives news stories of some of the stupider outlaws.
- The Apple iRack
- This caught me off guard, but I still think it's extremely clever
- Some Interesting Questions
- A collection of funny, but pensive, questions
- How Not to Take
a Test - These are classic!
- The Importance
of Correct Punctuation - The is an amazing example of how punctuation can completely
change the meaning of a communication
- 2006 Darwin
Award Winners Announced - Where the winners are the losers™ (RF Cafe)
- USAF Test from
April 1973 Popular Mechanics - This you have to see to believe!
- David Letterman's
Tribute to Bill Gates' Retirement - This is a YouTube video, so be prepared for audio
- Rockwell Controls
Retro Encabulator - This video is a take-off of the Turboencabulator that was popularized
by General Electric in its 1962 catalog. It seems so real.
- GE's Turboencabulator Datasheet
- This is a scan of the actual pages of a 1962 catalog The turboencabulator was supposedly
described by a "J.H.Quick" in "The Institution of Electrical Engineers, Students Quarterly
Journal" 25 (London), p184 in 1955
- Despair.com - Demotivators™
- Rules of the College Chemistry
Lab - See if these don't bring back some memories of the 'ol college days!
- Jon Stewart's Hilarious Report on N. Korea's "Nuclear" Test - You've got to see this!
- Kirt's Coffee Drinkability Rule - Another addition to the 'Valuable Lessons Learned
from the USAF' series
- Are You a Democrat,
Republican or Southerner? - Yet another bit of humor provided by Steve (a proud Democrat,
by the way!).
- ThisIsBroken.com - Funny
stuff: "A project to make businesses more aware of their customer experience, and how
to fix it."
- Listen to
"The Measurement Blues" - Finally, a song for engineers struggling to make measurements,
by Martin Rowe, Senior Technical Editor of Test & Measurement World
On the Effectiveness of Aluminum Foil Helmets: An Empirical Study - A collaborative
effort between MIT's Electrical Engineering and Computer Science & Media departments
presents evidence about whether these devices can protect the wearer from mind control
efforts by governments and aliens
- How to Choose a College Major
- It does not included engineering, but is funny anyway
- Microsoft TV Dinners - Sure,
it's another gratuitous swipe at MS, but clever anyway
- Abbott & Costello's
Cyber-Routine - This is not the one already posted
- Chemical Analysis
of Human Elements - You'll love this
Income Tax Quotations - Although these quotes are funny, it is like having the IRS
stick its finger in your eye since every one of them came directly from the Internal Revenue
- The 2005
Darwin Awards Are Out - Where the winners are the losers™ (RF Cafe)
- Jack Schitt & Family - Surely you have heard the names of most members of this
- How Cathode Ray Tubes Work - The
HowStuffWorks.com guy explores the construction of a cathode ray tube (CRT) using a highly
unusual method of gaining access to the guts of it. Let's just say you should not try
this at home (unless you live in the country, anyway)
- How Caffeine Works - ...a
short scientific explanation from the HowStuffWorks.com website
Buzzword Bingo - A Must-Have for Your Next Meeting! - Print this bingo card and take
it with you to your next meeting. Mark the buzzwords as you hear them; the BINGO square
is a free square. If you get five in a row (up, down, diagonally), shout "Bingo!". You've
won! Java applet auto-generates new cards.
- Teenager Politically
Correct Terminology - All parents need - or will need - this guide
- 15 Reasons Why
a Slide Rule is Better than a Workstation - Geek humor
Dilbertisims - ...from The Tamster's Hangout website
Instructions for the Operation of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch - For some reason,
this scene from Monty Python's, "In Search of the Holy Grail" just cracks me up
- The Clever Professor - A funny
story - and actually believable
Definitions of Some Common Amateur Radio Terms - The "real" definitions
- T'Was the Night Before
Startup - This is a little dated to the pre-tech boom crash, but still funny
- Watch It Get Shredded!
- The SSI company has short videos of all kinds of stuff being shredded, form entire boats,
to computers, to refrigerators, to concrete
- Classic Lateral Thinking Exercises
- Not really humor, but good brain therapy
- Microsoft Technical
Support vs. The Psychic Friends Network - A poke at two great American institutions
- Top 10 Reasons
Why e (e) is Inferior to
- In classic David Letterman form...
- The original RF Cafe Humor archive page
- The crappy gas mileage on
my 2011 Jeep Patriot is no joke. Jeep advertised 21 mpg in town; mine gets about 18-19
|Visit BasicJokes.com for "Clean
Jokes in a Dirty World"